About The Artist
Amber Propp is a Canadian Artist based in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
I grew up in a small town in Melville, Saskatchewan. I always enjoyed creating things as a child. I especially loved working with my father when we would do work around the yard with him such as building the fence and deck. I also really enjoyed sowing and creating purses. I love purses!
I moved to Fort Mcmurray Alberta in 2008. Where I worked as a security guard in the oil sands camp. I knew I always wanted to start a retail company and design my own line of clothing. I moved to Grande Prairie, AB in 2010 and with the push of my husband I started an online store called Midnight's Attic. I got to sell wonderful unique products and started to design shirts. This is where I truly loved the creative process and drawing. After 5 years the company was not in a good place as the economy was at an all time low. I took so much knowledge away from this experience, but had to move on.
This is how I started Amber Propp Designs. I started painting and creating just for fun, and then realized it was such a stress reliever! I felt amazing! The more I paint poured the better I felt! I received an amazing opportunity to start teaching paint pouring classes and the rest writes itself. I now sell my art, teach classes and get to meet some amazing people through out the community! Below is a list of some of my shows and gallery experiences. This does not include my classes.
I use bold colors and negative space in my pieces which always make the color pop!
Each paint poured piece that I creates is one of a kind and cannot be replicated.
Galleries and Shows:
- 2020 March - The Centre for Creative Arts - The Feminine Perspective Show
- 2019 - 2020 Expose Me Art Gallery
- 2019 Dec The Centre for Creative Arts - Christmas Show
- 2019 Sept - The Centre for Creative Arts - Arts Squared Silent Auction Fundraiser
- 2019 Dec - The Phillip Curry Dinosaur Museum Auction
- I have competed in 3 art battles in Edmonton, and Grande Prairie, Alberta. 2018 - 2019
2019 - May - Mother's Day Art Show - Artist North Group
- Establishing herself as an artist she had her first show "Beginnings" at The Centre for Creative Arts in March 2019
2018 - Dec - The Centre for Creative Arts - Christmas Show
2018 - Nov - The Centre for Creative Arts - Artist North Art Show
You can follower her @Amberproppdesigns on Instagram and facebook.
You can also subscribe her on Youtube at Amber Propp Designs.